fashion.writing.miscellaneous

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Balance is best

There are some things in life aren't worth worrying about. I think you first have to think how severe the situation is in order to have the permission to freak out. Of course there are some temperaments that deal with this differently. For example, the choleric temperament tends to get stressed out easier compared to other ones. Their stress levels can get the better them and swallow anything else happening around them. As for the phlegmatic temperament, we tend to be very calm even ones that may be stressful. I say we, because I am a phlegmatic, I feel that people tend to overlook this temperament, and may not understand it. For me to be calm about a final, or something that is a stressor I remain pretty chill about it. Yet people tend to see it as laziness or carelessness, but that isn't the case.


Both of these I guess extreme temperaments portray how to handle things in life very differently, and I don't think there is any right or wrong way. It just depends on who you are and what works for you. However, I do think that one should think twice on what is important in life, before their adrenaline rush creeps up inside them and pours out on others. For calmness can be good, as well as a matter of seriousness, but the balance between both rises above all.

2 comments:

  1. I like this post! I'm assuming you added in some of your psychology into this? I agree with you that neither one of these extreme temperaments is right or wrong! I would say I have more of a choleric temperament, I could tell you a whole list of flaws! LOLL I think it may be nature over nurture when it comes to how "freaked out" someone gets about stuff. I can't always control my freaking out about stuff, even if I tell myself it's not a big deal, my body still acts like it is! =/ It is however important to chose what is worth it and what isn't, which isn't the easiest for many people! I'd say as our priorities change, so do the things that we freak out over. =]]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!I actually didn't really add psych stuff to this, or at least I wasn't trying to.I think what got me to write write was that I was feeling some choleric pressure from my sister,and since I have like barely any choleric in me;I could really see the difference between us. Lol Really? You're choleric?! I thought for one that you're sanguine, since you are social, and bubbly. I wrote a post a while ago called temperaments that talks more about this.

    ReplyDelete