fashion.writing.miscellaneous

Thursday, February 9, 2012

written, sent, waiting...



The scissors were sharp and cold, like vampire teeth. It touched my neck with a sudden chill, unexpectedly. This is the first sentence of my short story. (Sorry, it may seem like some one is hurting themselves, ect.. but it's not. It's about a girl who gets a hair cut actually!:)) The title is called Cold Scissors.
Something I've wanted to do for a long time was to write a story and enter it into a writing contest. Well, I have finally done just that. A few nights ago, I was thinking about this writing contest and how I really wanted to enter it, but what was stopping me was the fact that I felt I didn't really know what to write about. (Writer's Block!! I do not like you lol)The topic was open, it had to be fiction and 250-750 words. Not too hard right?

That night before going to bed, an idea came into my head and I simply wrote down a story. This was the fastest story writing I've ever done. I feel like night is one of the best times for me to develop a story (I wrote about this in another post called Night).I'm not exactly sure why, maybe because I'm more of a  night owl. After writing a rough of the story, I began typing it the next day, and soon enough sent it into the contest.

Now here's the hard part, waiting. To be honest, I don't think my short story is very good, it kind of just came to me. But I guess I just wanted to write something and enter it. I know it's not the greatest thing I've ever written, but it's a good start!

2 comments:

  1. YAY! I'm soo proud of you!!! I'm sure your story is great! Either way it's a great start to building your writing! =]] Good Job! <3 Hope to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck! i hope it goes well! and if not, you get more practice and experience with your writing. XOXO

    ReplyDelete