fashion.writing.miscellaneous

Friday, February 17, 2012

Left to Tell

Just two days ago I finished reading a book called Left to Tell, and I must say it is an amazing story. It's about a girl named Immaculee' Ilibagiza, who wrote the book and  her experience with the Rwandan Genocide. Reading her book truly made me so grateful for all that I have and realize that I complain about silly, petty things that have no value compared to the events that Immaculee' has gone through. She is a practicing catholic, and she had so much faith in God, and willing to die if it was God's plan for her. 

Left to Tell inspired me to be more faithful in God, even the small things that happen throughout the day.   It really pulls on your emotions and makes you appreciate life, and all the people that are in your life. She is an amazing women, and has so much courage and faith, it's crazy! A few years back, I also read another book by her called Led by Faith. It was just as good, and she talked about her life after the Genocide. If you want more information about her or this book, here is the website!
http://www.lefttotell.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment