fashion.writing.miscellaneous

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Something that my head thought and my hand wrote

Last night I started writing some lyrics, that came out to be poems. I think I got inspired by watching an interview of Nelly Furtado, and she was talking about how her top hit songs came to be, and how and why she came up with the lyrics and the meaning of each song. I really felt like writing, and I have a story in process now, yet didn't feel like putting energy into my character. Instead I decided to write what came into my mind, and I got two poems, I guess you could say from it.
They have literal meanings as well as metaphor meaning.

The first poem is called Let the Rain Fall
   The rain falls on me, I raise my head to the heavens and open
my mouth to let it all in. Sometimes you just have to trust and let
it all come in. Let it come in and don't tell it to turn away. Don't lock the door or make sure there are no spaces in between. Don't hide under a tree to stay dry, or put up your polka dotted umbrella.
Don't be like the cats who scurry and hurry to stay dry, but be like the ducks who turn out to have all the luck. For embrace it, welcome all your troubles to knock on your door, and let it come in.
Be brave, yet strong, firm, yet gentle, patient and kind. For you will know what to do when it comes to mind. Have faith and hope, but do not mope. Raise your head to the heavens and accept the rain and let it fall into your mouth, and on your skin and eyelashes, for you will soon see it was meant to be.

The second poem I wrote is called How Will it Be
   How will it be when you are not in my boat anymore. Somehow, someday you will find another
one that will be better. We may cross paths, or you may decide to come in mine again. 
When you do there will be new people whom you may have not met, and they might have taken the place of you. Your seat may be taken, and you will have to create a new one that will only belong to you. Your view and perspective from your seat will be different, not necessarily worse or better just different. You will see the ocean in a new light, the mountain top from your angle may not be as good as a sight as you remember it, or it may seem like there are shorter days and longer nights.
The birds will be flying higher because they have caught something, and I know that I am flying higher because I caught you.

1 comment:

  1. hey!!! I like this post, especially the last lines of each poem :) how's life?

    ReplyDelete