fashion.writing.miscellaneous

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I knew it was going to be new

Today was the first day of the semester, very exciting! There are usually always good things and bad things that go along with change. Lets start with the good... I'll have a new schedule, new teachers, new classes, and new classmates. These are exciting for a student, learning new knowledge and starting fresh again is needed for motivation and inspiration. The bad however, is that I will have a full work load... approximately 18 units. But I think it's always important to look at the bright sides of things, so this semester will help me to use my time better with all my classes hanging over my head.

Yesterday I shopped for shoes with my sister and my dad. I always thought that dads and shoes would never go together, but surprisingly he's not bad at finding good shoes. My sister loves shoes, and happily tries on the highest of heels for fun, and sees if she can slowly walk in them. Luckily for her, shoes kind of just come to her because of her small shoe size; as for me shoes don't always fit like a glove. Shoes I feel can be hard to find since you're so use to the ones you currently have that it's hard looking into another brand new pair that you have to get use to. But change can be good, and this way I can upgrade on my shoe selection. New doesn't have to be bad, it just depends on how you see it. 
For, "things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out."

3 comments:

  1. love that quote! good luck with school!
    -KT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked how you connected shoe shopping into a life lesson quote! I strongly agree with that quote! Something I learned from my english professor last semester that has stuck with me, and I think will help you get through your 18 credits: No class, teacher, or course is boring, boring is an opinion - if you want to learn from a class, you will try your best to. From what I understood, it's your personal choice to make the class boring, or interesting, granted not every subject is something you will like, but if you think it is boring you will never learn with such an attitude! =]]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes,I totally agree, that you make things what they are, and can determine how well you put the time into a class. Thankfully, I don't have 18 units, only 14, since I didn't get a speech class. But I think it's a blessing in disguise! Thanks for reading, and your comments!<3

      Delete