fashion.writing.miscellaneous

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Living up to your fears

I feel like my some of my fears have faded away or rather have died down. It is a rather amazing experience and makes you stronger. One of my fears was joining student government. I was hesitant but I believe that it was a great decision to become a part of it. Although I was hesitant at first, I decided to jump right in and try not to have any doubts. Another thing that I was hesitant about was driving. It took a while just to get a permit and become motivated to study for it and take the test. I think subconsciously I was afraid or just didn't want to for whatever reason. But finally, at age 20 I got my driver's license  And one thing that I am desperately afraid of is scary/horror movies. I have friends who have been trying to conquer this fear of mine, but perhaps it has only made it worse? I can not seem to understand how people can actually tolerate and watch these type of movies and even enjoy them. Who knows, maybe this strong fear of mine will somehow fade way with time. 

2 comments:

  1. Yay for the drivers license! That is great news.

    I'm with you n the horror movie thing though, I mean...its not really great to put scary images in your head. Unless its a funny horror movie....I don't have any recommendations in this area bc I avoid those movies like the plague. Ryan likes to et me to watch one on Halloween.....

    It's important to think, is this something that I should be afraid of, or will conquering it help me to grow.
    Glad you are challenging yourself...a good reminder for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great little post. I am sure one day you will look back and wonder why you would ever be scared of a movie!

    ReplyDelete