fashion.writing.miscellaneous

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

laugh at yourself


I wanted to share a story that I happened about a week ago. I was at school and after my class ended my good friend Paulina asked if I wanted to go get something to eat. We went to a burrito place nearby, one that we have been to before with a few other friends. They are so good and have pretty good prices too. We had a good lunch, and we both got the same thing, a bean, cheese burrito with a bottled soda. And then after eating, she asked do you want to get your nails done? It was so random and out of nowhere but we had time and it was right next door. We picked our colors for a manicure, she chose a bright neon color and I chose a bright pink for my nails. When the nail lady was putting my hand in water to let it soak, I accidently spilled it on her and felt so bad. Once my nails were done and I was holding them up to a fan, I again accidently hit one of my nails against the fan and it chipped off some of the paint. Paulina at the this point was just laughing, but even more so when I was going to pay and was trying to get my debit card out if my wallet and I guess the paint was still wet and I ruined it! Paulina was like, Colleen, your nails! And I was like, it's ok. But the lady was kind enough to redo the ones that were ruined. And also put back my card in my wallet so I wouldn't mess them up again. The word got out and eventually our other friends' knew about the whole thing too. But I laughed at it too and learned that it's good to laugh at yourself every now and then.

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahahah!!! Omg Colleen!! So funny.
    -susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Leen! Great reminder not to take life too seriously! :) xox

    ReplyDelete