fashion.writing.miscellaneous

Monday, March 18, 2013

Funny story

It's funny how you think you know what something is or means but it actually isn't what you assumed it to be. This type of incident happened to me recently. One of my friends from Student Government and I were talking about our day, and what not and he mentioned how after his class he went to the washroom. When he said this, I immediately assumed it was a laundry mat and remember thinking, wow that's pretty cool that we have a laundry mat at school!! It made perfect sense to me. That same day the printer broke in the Student Government office and he and other people were fixing it and he got some ink on his pants so it just made sense to me that it was a room with a washing machine, since that is what a washroom is, right? It's like when you are dreaming and in your dream, everything makes sense,though it's bazaar and makes no sense whatsoever.

Through out the past two to three weeks, I kept on hearing that word from him. And I always had a laundry mat pictured in my head and I never seconded guessed it., until two days ago. He mentioned washroom again and then I asked where it was located at school and he said it was near the cafe. And I was like, oh so what do you do there, just wash your clothes? And he was like, what?! no it's a restroom. We both were laughing so hard. I felt kind of embarrassed that for the past three weeks I just assumed that it was a place where you wash your clothes. Yeah. Well now I know what a washroom is.



3 comments:

  1. You guys probably laughed a ton :) Have a great day Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was funny!! Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's super funny! I guess a wash room could be where you wash your clothes..? Well told story colleen (It' must be a thursday!)

    ReplyDelete