fashion.writing.miscellaneous

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Never would have thought... Shakespeare

Shakespeare...something I didn't know that I would love to read. This semester I am taking a Shakespeare class and I have to say that I have learned so much from it. We have read Twelfth Night, A Mid Summer Night's Dream, Henry IV Part 1, Sonnets, and now King Lear. It's the class that I look forward to the most and I get excited reading and learning about Shakespeare himself and his plays and the characters in them.

Of all the work that we have read from this class, I would say that I have really enjoyed Sonnets and am really liking King Lear. I find as an English major, it's important to know literature and Shakespeare, as well as the classics. But also for everyone else who is not an English major. Shakespeare was a genius in my opinion. He knew human nature and people so well. I only wish someday that my writing can come close to his masterpieces and incredible characters that we end up loving or hating.








1 comment:

  1. Wow. You are a TRUE English major!!!! Great post to read!!!

    ReplyDelete