fashion.writing.miscellaneous

Monday, March 26, 2012

Nostalgia vs. Living in the moment

There are times when my mind can linger to the thoughts of yesterday, or past yesterdays. You begin to fall to the good times, or the not so pleasant times, yet you still seem to still daydream about them. Nostalgia, living, and thinking about the past are all things that some could be guilty for. Though it's not a bad thing, since I think most people do it, I would say that there comes a point when your life right now is being forgotten.  The present moment is not being appreciated or recognized. It's like eating chocolate. It tastes good, and nice to have once in a while. But once you overdose on the dark, caramel or milk chocolate, you begin to only think about how wonderful it tastes, and disregard your health and weight.

I put up this picture of the movie Midnight in Paris, because it portrays a man, named Gil Pender who is engaged, and a writer, or who at least wants to be a writer. His story starts off with a man working in a nostalgia shop, and selling items and antiques. He is unsure of his writing ability, or how well the story is written, and if his idea of this man working in a nostalgia shop is a good idea or not. I forgot to mention that Gil and his fiance', Inez are in Paris together with her parents. Yet something magical, yet mysterious happens every night at midnight, and Gil is the one who finds out about it.
I do not want to ruin anything for anyone who has not seen this unique, creative and like no other movie. So you might just have to check it out yourself! Red Box!

But I felt like it emphasized  living in the past, and wanting to go back to a certain day, moment, or rather century- those of you who have seen this, know what I am talking about. I even painted in live in the moment above the title of the picture in green, if you didn't notice. I think it's something that I need to work on, to just appreciate each moment and day. Though it could be horrible for me, I know it's probably the greatest for someone else in the world. I think one of many important things to remember in life, is to look forward and don't focus too much on the past. Though you could learn from it, it doesn't necessarily have much use now. 

Don't worry about tomorrow, for today has enough trouble of its own.




1 comment: