fashion.writing.miscellaneous

Friday, March 16, 2012

Cats and Audrey Hepburn


Cats. I guess you could say that they are my favorite pet. And I wish I could have one like this, an orange tabby who wakes me up in the morning. This picture is from the movie, Breakfast at Tiffany's. I wanted to see it because I am fan of Audrey Hepburn and have seen some of her movies.
But funny enough, in the movie she doesn't name her pet cat, she just calls it cat. Here is a quote from the movie. "He's alright! Aren't you, cat! Poor slob without a name! The way I see it I haven't got the right to give him one. We don't belong to each other."



 Audrey Hepburn as Holly Golightly, a ditzy, party girl who lives alone with her cat in a small apartment. For me, it wasn't my favorite movie with Audrey Hepburn, but most know it to be the one that is a classic. With her little black dress, and pretty and glamorous outfits in the film, some of the looks from the 1961 movie are still being reproduced today. Givenchy, who is a fashion designer was the one who was behind the scenes with all the fashion ideas, and got noticed for it. But Audrey Hepburn also got noticed, and is a fashion icon. Like cats, she's simple, yet pretty. And her attitude towards life and her career is really something, if you happen to look through her quotes. I actually happened to write some in my quote book. Here is one of them that I like. 

I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
-- Audrey Hepburn




No comments:

Post a Comment