fashion.writing.miscellaneous

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

If you want to sing out, sing out

While listening to music on my ipod this morning, I came across the song If you want to sing out by Cat Stevens. It 's a simple song, with not a lot of instruments, but meaningful words. And every time I listen to it I find that the lyrics speak to me in some way.

The chorus goes like this: You can do what you want, the opportunities on, and you can find  a new way, you can do it today, you make it all true, and you can make it undo, you see ahh ahh it's easy ahh ahh you only need to know....

I love these lyrics. It makes you feel as if your opportunities are endless and the sky is the limit. Although most people say that is true, it can be hard to believe. I don't know about you, but sometimes you can doubt yourself at times. Like what do I have to offer? Or what ideas of mine will come to use?

According to Cat, it's easy and you can make it all come true, since there are a million things to do as he later sings. Well thank you Cat Stevens for these encouraging words for the day. I guess it inspires me to think that I can do anything I put my mind to. Sometimes you think that your dreams or ideas are too high up in the clouds, and you say to yourself that that is impossible, get back on the ground!

But I think I'll take Cat Stevens route and sing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment