fashion.writing.miscellaneous

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Clocks and New dreams

Childhood dreams as what Nelly Furtado titled as one of her songs, is about her thinking as a child. She states that she is sliding on the rainbows of her childhood dreams. We know that our childhood thinking and dreams change as we grow up. Usually we remember them, yet we do not have that same way of thinking or the same dreams as when we are teenagers. Teenage dream as what Katy Perry titled her song, I think has something to do about a relationship and it being all perfect and dandy. Being a teenager, I'm not sure what my dreams are. I guess looking back, it can be easier to figure out. However, I wont be a teenager for long. My last few days being one are coming quickly. A little more than a week and I will be 20, and I'm excited to see what will come in this new stage of life. It's not just about turning another number, but it's also about learning, growing and experiencing another year of life, as with all birthdays.

I wonder what song will be sung for this stage of life.  My childhood dreams have already passed and may be remembered, yet do not have a lot of significance. And as for my teenage dreams, they are soon to pass and fade with time, just like my childhood dreams. Time is moving forward all the time, but we have to know what to do with it and how to use it. What will come of turning a year older as well as growing out of the teenager years?

A year is a broad amount of time, and so much can happen in a years time. So I just focus on day
to day and appreciate each moment, well I try to at least. My question is, will there be young adult dreams? Will it be like those innocent and daydream like thinking as a child, or perhaps clouded and unrealistic dreams as a teenager? All I know is that I'm growing up and growing out of phases that have seemed to come and go with time. Yes, this word time again. Truth be told, it's all we have right now, time. But we do not know how much we have left of it.

It reminds me of two movies or books, which ever one you like better. But it reminds me of the book/movie To Kill a Mocking Bird. I remember Jem and his sister Scout found a clock and talking about it in my highschool English class, the clock symbolized Jem's time of growing up and phasing out of childhood. That is kind of how I feel a little, yet it's with teenage hood.
The other book/movie is Alice and Wonderland. What came to mind was the rabbit holding his clock, and so worried about the time and being late for an important date. He had not time for anything, and was so concerned that the clock kept on ticking.

With time comes new dreams and new adventures and experiences. I wonder what they will be.


2 comments:

  1. Colleen,

    Really nice post!! I like what you wrote about dreams and growing up. Happy #20 Birthday!!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice! I like that you feel comfortable sharing this. You have a way with words and I think I can relate to how you feel but you explain it way better/more interestingly.

    ReplyDelete